For well over 50 years, Liquids in Motion has been an industry leader in the handling and transportation of bulk liquids. Throughout this time, the company has recognized the importance of innovation and flexibility and has sought opportunities for growth and expansion. After many years in the Leduc County, in 2016 we relocated our head office to Millet, Alberta, providing over 35,000 square feet of office and maintenance space. This same year we also made the decision to pursue our life-long dream of opening an office in Texas. We also continue our presence in Southern Alberta with a location in Calgary.
Having a proven reputation for providing safe, reliable, cost-effective services and the capability to transport a wide variety of liquid products, the company has developed a great depth of expertise in hauling chemicals. Attention to detail is key, and Liquids in Motion takes pride in the role it plays servicing the oil and gas, forestry, manufacturing and agriculture industries. We work hand in hand with our customers to ensure a level of service they can trust and rely on.
Safety is our number one priority and we maintain an intensive, detailed and effective program. With a growing fleet of trucks and trailers, our philosophy has always been to upgrade our equipment continually to ensure the most efficient and reliable movement of customer freight. We currently service our customers from as far north as Alaska to the southern point of Texas, and to the eastern point Newfoundland to Spokane to the west. With the exception of Hawaii, we are licenced to work in all of the USA states and deliver and load product throughout Canada. Liquids storage and rail siding services are also provided by our sister company, Liquids Transloading Ltd.
As a family-owned business, we continue to maintain strong family values built on respect, integrity and trust. Our goal is simple – to meet or exceed our customer’s expectations, every time.
Fandrick’s Transport, in 1960.
New Mechanic Shop 1980
New Office and Shop 2016
New Washbay 2017
- 1960’s – Edward Fandrick worked as a driver for his brother, Wilfred Fandrick, who owned and operated Western Tankers of Rocky Mountain House.
- 1965 – Edward and his wife Donna started their business, Fandrick’s Transport Ltd., northeast of the Town of Calmar, Alberta. With the purchase of his first truck, a 1966 International, Ed set out hauling oil and water to the drilling rigs while Donna handled the administration tasks.
- 1975 – First tandem truck was purchased for water hauling. Other tandem purchases followed as their trucking business grew.
- 1979 – David Fandrick, son of Ed and Donna’s, joined the family business as a driver and later, after completing training as a heavy-duty mechanic, became manager of the on-site maintenance shop.
- 1980 - Vew Mechanics Shop was built – grand celebration was held with the Emeralds playing.
- 1980’s – Recession hit hard and the company responded by working hard to service their core customers, coming out of the downturn positioned for growth with six units in 1985.
- 1986 - New house built and included a large office to eventually accommodate 4 office personnel.
- 1986 – Ed and Donna’s son, Eldon Fandrick, became more active in the company, hauling water to the drilling rigs. He also began looking at growth opportunities in the chemical industry and his first contracts were with several Texas-based chemical companies.
- 1990 – Liquids in Motion, a subsidiary of Fandrick’s Transport, was started, specializing in hauling products from the USA to Canada.
- 1993 – New Wash Bay was constructed, along with an attached two story office structure to accommodate the growing number of employees.
- 1995 – Liquids Transloading Ltd. rail siding was purchased just west of Calmar, AB.
- 1998 – A second Liquids Transloading Ltd. rail siding commenced in Calgary, AB.
- 2004 - Donna Fandrick retired as controller but continued to play a key role as owner, overseeing the higher level activities.
- 2008 – Liquids in Motion was incorporated.
- 2010 – Donna Fandrick passed away at the age of 63, leaving a huge void in the company.
- 2016 – Liquids in Motion USA Inc. started in Texas in the spring.
- 2016 – Liquids in Motion moved from the Leduc County to its new facility in Millet, Alberta during the summer.
- 2016 – Grand opening of Millet Facility held in November with dignitaries and ribbon cutting.
- 2017 – New Wash Bay Facility was built in Millet.